Inositol belongs to the B Complex Vitamins family and is also referred as Vitamin B8. It is naturally found in many foods and is also produced by the body. It triggers many of communication process of the brain and is taken as a supplement to boost mental performance.
What is Inositol?
Inositol is an isomer of glucose and is a variety of carbohydrate sugar alcohol that is mainly found in different forms inside the cell membranes. It is primarily used to transport fat within our body and helps neuron to communicate with each other via neurotransmitters.
It is said to be a building block that is used in important functions of the cell and travels throughout our body in different variants. It also works in tandem with Choline and supplements of both are generally used together as stacks. From the Alpha Levo IQ video, inositol is not included in that supplment.
Sources of Inositol
Since it is referred to as Vitamin B8, foods rich in this vitamin will raise the Inositol levels. However, it is noted that Vitamins are not necessarily manufactured by our body, but Inositol is produced within our kidneys daily. Some of the major sources of Vitamin B8 foods are:
- Green Leafy Vegetables
- Nuts and Seeds
- Beans, Legumes and Sprouts
- Whole Grains
- Soy Lecithin
Benefits of Inositol
- Helps to fight anxiety and other mood disorders – Inositol does wonders to prevent high anxiety and stress levels and is proven to be an effective treatment to fight such conditions. It helps to produce the Serotonin neurotransmitter that contributes to the mood stabilizer in the brain. It even helps to eliminate mood swings especially in women for PMS and severe PMDD.
- Improves Cognitive Function – It plays a big role in the communication between nerves, gene expression and production of energy by metabolism process. All of this contributes to sharper and clear mental performance of the brain and also aids in the production of new neurons.
- Mental Balance Function – By effectively warding off stress, anxiety and depression, it helps to maintain a steady mind. This results in a well-balanced mind that is capable of handling high endurance situations with ease. Especially athletes can react accordingly with heightened acuity and focus levels.
- Diabetes and Cholesterol removal – Inositol is proven to alleviate symptoms of diabetic neuropathy. It helps to break down fat depositions and lowers formation of bad cholesterol in the heart.
- Eases Constipation – It works to stimulate the muscular movement of the intestine and eases constipation.
Side Effects of Inositol
Not much side effects occur with Inositol supplementation since it is naturally produced by the body. The only adverse effects with high dosage are a disturbance of gastrointestinal activity. Otherwise, it is proven to be very safe as it is water soluble and the excess is just expelled out.
Inositol for a Well-Balanced and Sharper Mind
It serves as a top notch therapeutic remedy for mood disorders and cognitive decline and also been proven by numerous studies to have a positive effect.
And specifically, women can benefit from this as it alleviates mood swings associated with PMS. Overall, it aids to maintain the much needed balance of our mind and as a result helps us to perform tasks with ease.