Magnesium is perhaps one of the most understated minerals and often does not get its due regard similar to other minerals like calcium or sodium. But the role it plays in our body is very vital and even a minor deficiency of it can cause a lot of health problems.
Magnesium plays an essential role of a supporter in most of the vital processes of our brain and body. As said many people forget to take food rich in magnesium giving prime importance to calcium and this leads to over levels of calcium in our body without improper balance.
A right balance of equal consumption of calcium and magnesium is needed for effective functioning of muscles and prevention of heart failure. You will see that Magnesium is part of Alpha Levo IQ ingredients.
Major Sources of Magnesium
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Black beans
- Sunflower Seeds
Benefits of Magnesium
Magnesium impacts most of the chemical reactions in the body and aids to perform many processes. It plays a vital role contributing as a supporter to around 300 enzyme functions.
- Energy Production – Magnesium is an essential cofactor nutrient that enables the cell to produce the energy of our body. The cells energy store known as ATP (adenosine triphosphate) is created with the support of Magnesium. Lower levels of Magnesium can lead to increased fatigue and also deter our brain productivity in turn.
- Nervous System Balance – All the cells in our body have receptors that aid chemicals or neurotransmitters to send or receive signals to the neuron cells. One of the prime receptors is NMDA and magnesium impacts the same. NMDA is the place where recreational drugs take effect and plays a key role on depression levels.
- Integrity of Bones – Most of the magnesium are stored in the bone and studies have proven a positive relation between magnesium levels and increased bone density.
- Controls High Blood Pressure and Blood Sugar Levels – It plays a major role in the metabolism process and conversion of glucose to energy. Deficiency of Magnesium leads to unstable levels of blood sugar.
- Improved Memory – Magnesium also plays a significant role in the brain enabling better communication of signals to be passed. This leads to heightened brain function with improved memory and cognition levels.
- Provides Relaxation and Aids Sleep – Serotonin that is dependent on Magnesium’s support relaxes the nervous system and helps to stabilize our mood function. Also another enzyme called Melatonin which regulates our sleep is also impacted by it. Both of this contributes to the removal of unwanted stress and tension in our life promoting our wellbeing.
Bottom Line – Magnesium – Silent Supporter
In the United States, conditions of magnesium deficiency are very prevalent due to improper consumption of food relatively low in magnesium.
It plays a vital role in the metabolism process that produces the fuel of our body that keeps us going. Therefore, it is very important to include Magnesium in our food to stay healthy and avoid untoward aliments.
Magnesium is like a supporting artist without getting the prime popularity and silently supports important functions of our body. So, it is highly imperative to be aware of this wonder mineral and give its due importance.