For people who are interested to keep their body fit and achieve top performance levels are well aware of the importance of supplements. Definitely eating healthy food affects our bodies performance, but this is not the only answer.
The same way, in which our body requires its share of nourishment, the brain also needs healthy nutrients in the form of nootropics to enhance the mental performance of the brain and promote better productivity of the body in turn.
Phosphatidylserine is one such nootropic that is abundantly found in many foods we consume. The brain actually produces this component in order to facilitate the functions of the brain and It is present in the cell membranes of our body now.
With signs of ageing or for some other reasons, production of Phosphatidylserine can be low at sub-optimal levels or we might need additional supplement of it to enhance the brain function and boost our mental performance.
What is Phosphatidylserine?
Technically speaking it is an amino-phospholipid and a type of fat that takes up to 10% of all the fat cells in our body. It is found in each cell of our body and so, experts are sure that is a very essential supplement with clear effects.
With more than half of its total present in the brain – primarily in the neuron cells, it helps to perform many functions of the brain.
How does Phosphatidylserine work?
It is absorbed by the blood and then passes on to the brain quickly for its use. It binds with the neurotransmitters of the brain and helps to metabolize glucose to turn it into energy. It is also used to increase the communication between cells and helps to repair damages in the neurons.
These restored neurons then become capable of functioning better and perform its due messenger role. Phosphatidylserine also helps in the production of Acetylcholine and Dopamine neurotransmitters, both of which enable cognition function and mood elevation.
Benefits of Phosphatidylserine
- Boosts Memory and Cognition – It improves mental performance with increased short-term and long-term memory with better concentration and productive level. Since it helps in the creation of energy by metabolizing glucose, the brain can utilize this energy to function effectively. Its role in the production of Acetylcholine and Dopamine also contributes to increased level of learning capacity.
- Deters Age-Related Cognitive Decline – With growing number of age, the decline of brain function with poor memory and reasoning powers is inevitable. But supplementing Phosphatidylserine can help to boost memory and mental performance even when aging. Studies have proven this factor and an increase of Phosphatidylserine in the brain will restore the youthful level of brain activity.
- Reducing Stress and Anxiety Levels – Due to increase of Dopamine transmitter in the brain, it contributes to overall good mood levels and alleviates stress.
- Improve Athletic Performance – It is also said to regulate and control excessive levels of cortisol which is a stress hormone and helps to decrease muscle soreness associated with exercising.
- Treatment for Ailments – It is used as a potential treatment in ADHD, Azheimer’s, Dementia and other memory related ailments for the active role that it plays in the brain.
- Effective Sleep Aid – It prevents insomnia with relatively lower level of stress by neutralizing excessive levels of cortisol hormone and removing stress.
Side Effects of Phosphatidylserine
Given the emergence of soybean plant extracted Phosphatidylserine against the previous extraction from cells of cows, it is proven safe with very limited side effects in rare cases when consumed excessively. It is extremely important to consult your healthcare provider before you start using as a supplement, since it is already present in some levels inside the brain.
- Compatible and safe to take with other drugs like diuretics and antacids.
- It is equally tolerated amongst young and old people with heart disease or blood pressure issues.
- Insomnia, stomach upset, nausea, headaches are ill effects when consumed too much
Bottom Line – Phosphatidylserine Provides Mentally Acuity for Young and Old Alike
Phosphatidylserine is like a dutiful knight when it comes to battling against age-related mental decline. Moreover, the younger generation can also use it to increase their overall mental performance with lower levels of stress and be assured that the brain does not lose its power by each passing year. You can get more Phosphatidylserine by ingesting Alpha Levo IQ.
Already present in all our brain cells, the addition of Phosphatidylserine as a supplement can definitely not be harmful. It will only boost the functions of the brain with increased levels of performance.
Nourish your brain with this natural nootropic and consult with your doctor before getting started on the supplement of Phosphatidylserine.